- You may simply browse the Site, or you may register with SkyWater and create an “Account”. You do not have to have an Account to order Products. You must, however, only provide us with true, accurate, current and complete information for your Account and/or Orders (defined below). If we believe or suspect that your information is not true, accurate, current or complete, we may deny or terminate your access to the Site or Services (or any portion thereof).
- ACCOUNTS. If you set up an Account, you are required to provide your name and email address and select a password (collectively, your “Account Information”), which you may not transfer to or share with any third parties. If someone accesses our Site or Services using your Account Information, we will rely on that Account Information and will assume that it is really you or your representative who is accessing the Site and Services. You are solely responsible for any and all use of your Account Information and all Orders and activities that occur under or in connection with the Account. Without limiting any rights which we may otherwise have, we reserve the right to take any and all action, as it deems necessary or reasonable, to ensure the security of the Site and your Account, including without limitation terminating your Account, changing your password, or requesting additional information to authorize transactions on your Account. You agree to be responsible for any act or omission of any users that access the Site or Services under your Account Information that, if undertaken by you, would be deemed a violation of these Terms. In no event and under no circumstances will SkyWater be held liable to you for any liabilities or damages resulting from or arising out of (i) any action or inaction of SkyWater under this provision, (ii) any compromise of the confidentiality of your Account or password, and (iii) any unauthorized access to your Account or use of your password. You may not use anyone else’s Account at any time, without the permission of the Account holder. Please notify us immediately if you become aware that your Account Information is being used without authorization. You agree not to register for more than one Account, register for an Account on behalf of an individual other than yourself without such individual’s authorization, or register for an Account on behalf of any group or entity
- All Products shall be deemed accepted by you upon shipment, and title to, and risk of loss of, the Products passes to you when SkyWater provides the Product(s) to a common carrier. Any estimated shipping date provided by SkyWater is based on Product availability and payment processing time, and does not include transit time.
- YOU UNDERSTAND THAT ALL PRODUCTS ARE SOLD “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. You willingly assume all risks associated with your use of the Products
- All sales of Products are non-refundable.
- You acknowledge and agree that the Products are currently in development and may be different than as described when shipped (or not shipped at all).
- PAYMENT. To pay for an Order, you will need to provide SkyWater with the information necessary to process an Order from you, including your shipping address and the billing information requested on the Site to pay for such Order. You may pay for your Order via credit card or any other manner then available on the Site. By submitting your payment information to us, you authorize us to charge the applicable payment method at our convenience but within thirty (30) days of credit card authorization. You represent that you will not use any credit card or other form of payment unless you have all necessary authorization to do so. We assume that because Orders require a valid credit card, only persons age 18 or over are placing Orders, and providing us with the information requested during the Order process. We shall not be liable in the event your children or others acting with or without your permission use your credit card or other means of payment to make purchases on the Site (and to the extent your minor children make any such purchases, you hereby represent and warrant that they are authorized to do so); however you may report any unauthorized use to us, and we will use reasonable measures within our control to help prevent future unauthorized use of your card.
- PRICING AND PRODUCTS. We make efforts to display our Products and their colors as accurately as possible. Having said that, the displayed colors of the Products will depend upon your monitor and we cannot guarantee that your monitor will accurately portray the actual colors of the Products. Products displayed may be out-of-stock or discontinued, and prices are subject to change. We cannot confirm the price of an item until you place an Order. Despite our best efforts, a small number of the items on our Site may be mispriced. We are not responsible for typographical errors regarding price or any other matter. Unless otherwise noted on the Site at the time of your Order, all prices exclude shipping and handling or sales taxes, if applicable, which will be added to your total purchase price. You shall use the Product only for personal purposes and not for resale. You shall not reverse engineer any Product or use the Product to create a competitive product.
- PROMOTIONAL OFFERS. We may run promotional offers from time to time on the Site. The terms of any such promotion will be posted on the Site. Unless otherwise indicated, we may establish and modify, in our sole discretion, the terms of such offer and end such offer at any point.
- RULES REGARDING INFORMATION AND OTHER CONTENT. When you access the Site and/or Services, you obtain access to various kinds of images, video, audio, data, and other information and materials, all of which we call “Content.” You agree not to revise Content posted by others, and you represent and warrant that you will not use any Content in any manner that:
- Infringes the copyright, trademark, trade secret, or other intellectual property or proprietary right of others;
- Violates the privacy, publicity, or other rights of third parties or any other law, statute, ordinance or regulation;
- Is false or inaccurate or becomes false or inaccurate at any time;
- Is discriminatory, unlawful, tortious, obscene, fraudulent, defamatory, harmful, threatening, pornographic, indecent, vulgar, harassing, discourteous, hateful, abusive or racially, ethnically, religiously, sexually or otherwise offensive, as determined by us in our sole discretion;
- Discloses or provides information protected under any law, agreement or fiduciary relationship, including but not limited to proprietary or confidential information of others;
- Misrepresents your identity in any way;
- Contains any viruses, Trojan horses, spyware. malware, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or other disabling devices or other harmful component intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information;
- Advocates or encourages any illegal activity; or
- Has the potential to create liability for us or cause us to violate the requirements of or to lose the services, in whole or in part, of our Internet service providers or other suppliers.
- General Rules of User Conduct. It is our goal to make access to our Site and Services a good experience for all of our users. You agree not to, and represent and warrant that you will not use, reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Site or Services, your use of the Site or Services, or access to the Site or Services for any purposes other than for which the Site or Services are being provided to you, or do any of the following:
- Conduct or promote any illegal activities while using the Site or Services;
- Upload, distribute or print anything that may be harmful to minors;
- Attempt to reverse engineer or jeopardize the correct functioning of the Site, or otherwise attempt to derive the source code of the software (including the tools, methods, processes, and infrastructure) that enables or underlies the Site;
- Attempt to gain access to secured portions of the Site or Services to which you do not possess access rights;
- Upload or transmit any form of virus, worm, Trojan horse, or other malicious code;
- Use the Site or Services to generate unsolicited email advertisements or spam;
- Use the Site or Services to stalk, harass or harm another individual;
- Use any high volume automatic, electronic or manual process to access, search or harvest information from the Site or Services (including without limitation robots, spiders or scripts);
- Interfere in any way with the proper functioning of the Site and Services or interfere with or disrupt any servers or networks connected to the Site or Services, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Site or Services;
- Use any robot, spider, other automatic device, or manual process to extract, “screen scrape,” monitor, “mine,” or copy any static or dynamic web page on the Site or the Content contained on any such web page for commercial use without our prior express written permission;
- Impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity; or
- Mirror or frame the Site or any Content, place pop-up windows over its pages, or otherwise affect the display of its pages.
- FEEDBACK. In the event that you provide us any ideas, thoughts, criticisms, suggested improvements or other feedback related to Products, the Site or the Services (collectively “Feedback”), you agree we may use the Feedback to modify our Products, Site and Services and that you will not be due any compensation, including any royalty related to the product or service that incorporates your Feedback. You grant to us a worldwide, royalty-free, fully paid, perpetual, irrevocable license to use, reproduce, modify, translate, distribute, perform, display, import, sell, offer for sale, make, have made and otherwise exploit the Feedback in any form, media, or technology, whether now known or hereafter developed, and to allow others to do the same. This is true whether you provide the Feedback on the Site or through any other method of communication with us, unless we have entered into a separate agreement with you that provides otherwise.
- MODIFICATIONS TO THE SITE OR SERVICES. We reserve the right to modify or discontinue the Site or Services with or without notice to you. We will not be liable to you or any third party should we exercise our right to modify or discontinue the Site and/or Services. You may need to update third-party software from time to time in order to use the Site and/or Services. If you object to any such changes, your sole recourse will be to cease access to the Site or Services. Continued access to the Site or Services following notice of any such changes will indicate your acknowledgement of such changes and satisfaction with the Site or Services as so modified. You agree that we, in our sole discretion, may immediately terminate your access to the Site and Services at any time, for any reason, in our sole discretion. YOU AGREE THAT WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PARTY FOR ANY TERMINATION OF YOUR ACCESS TO THE SITE OR SERVICES.
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. THIS SITE AND ALL CONTENT, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES INCLUDED ON OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THIS SITE ARE PROVIDED BY SKYWATER “WITH ALL FAULTS” AND ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED IN WRITING. SKYWATER MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE OPERATION OF THIS SITE OR THE CONTENT, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES INCLUDED ON, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH, THIS SITE, UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED IN WRITING, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR USE OR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, QUIET ENJOYMENT, AND ACCURACY. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT WE ARE ONLY WILLING TO SELL THE PRODUCTS AND PROVIDE ACCESS TO THE SITE AND SERVICES IF YOU AGREE TO CERTAIN LIMITATIONS OF OUR LIABILITY TO YOU AND TO THIRD PARTIES. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL WE OR OUR OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, DIRECTORS, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF REVENUES, PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA, LOST OPPORTUNITIES, OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTIONS OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF SUCH PARTIES WERE ADVISED OF, KNEW OF OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND NOTWITHSTANDING THE FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY), ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF OR ACCESS TO, OR THE INABILITY TO USE OR TO ACCESS, THE SITE OR THE SERVICES, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARE BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE AND STRICT LIABILITY), WARRANTY, STATUTE OR OTHERWISE. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING FROM THE TRANSACTIONS BETWEEN YOU AND THIRD PARTY MERCHANTS OR FOR ANY INFORMATION APPEARING ON THIRD PARTY MERCHANT SITES OR ANY OTHER SITE LINKED TO OUR SITE. IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH ANY PORTION OF THIS SITE OR THE SERVICES, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USE OF THE SITE AND THE SERVICES. OUR TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL CLAIMS ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THE SITE OR THE SERVICES IS LIMITED, IN AGGREGATE, TO THE GREATER OF (I) THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF THE ORDER GIVING RISE TO OUR LIABILITY AND (II) TEN DOLLARS (U.S. $10.00). Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages.
Accordingly, some of the above limitations and disclaimers may not apply to you. To the extent that we may not, as a matter of applicable law, disclaim any implied warranty or limit liabilities, the scope and duration of such warranty and the extent of our liability will be the minimum permitted under such applicable law.
Without limiting the foregoing, under no circumstances WILL WE or our licensors be held liable for any delay or failure in performance resulting directly or indirectly from acts of nature, forces, or causes beyond our reasonable control, including, without limitation, Internet failures, computer equipment failures, telecommunication equipment failures, other equipment failures, electrical power failures, strikes, labor disputes, riots, insurrections, civil disturbances, shortages of labor or materials, fires, floods, storms, explosions, acts of God, war, governmental actions, orders of domestic or foreign courts or tribunals, OR non-performance of third parties. Some states do not allow exclusion of implied warranties, so these exclusions may not apply in individual cases. You may have additional rights that vary from state to state. To the extent that we may not, as a matter of applicable law, disclaim any implied warranty, the scope and duration of such warranty will be the minimum permitted under such applicable law.
- INTERNATIONAL USERS. This Site can be accessed from countries around the world and may contain references to services and Products that are not available in your country. These references do not imply that SkyWater intends to announce such services or Products in your country. The Site and Services are controlled and offered by SkyWater from its facilities in the United States of America. SkyWater makes no representations that the Site or the Products are available for use in other locations. Those who access or use the Site or the Services from other jurisdictions do so at their own volition and are responsible for compliance with local law.
- Assignment. These Terms, and your rights and obligations hereunder, may not be assigned, subcontracted, delegated, or otherwise transferred by you without SkyWater’s prior written consent, and any attempted assignment, subcontract, delegation, or transfer in violation of the foregoing will be null and void.
- Arbitration Agreement; Class Waiver; Waiver of Trial by Jury. Please read this Section (“Arbitration Agreement”) carefully. It is part of your contract with SkyWater and affects your rights. It contains procedures for MANDATORY BINDING ARBITRATION AND A CLASS ACTION WAIVER.
- Applicability of Arbitration Agreement. All claims and disputes in connection with these Terms or the use of any Product that cannot be resolved informally or in small claims court shall be resolved by binding arbitration on an individual basis under the terms of this Arbitration Agreement. This Arbitration Agreement applies to you and SkyWater, and to any subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, employees, predecessors in interest, successors, and assigns, as well as all authorized or unauthorized users or beneficiaries of services or goods provided under these Terms.
- Arbitration Rules. The Federal Arbitration Act governs the interpretation and enforcement of this dispute resolution provision. Arbitration shall be initiated through the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”), an established alternative dispute resolution provider (“ADR Provider”) that offers arbitration as set forth in this section. If AAA is not available to arbitrate, the parties shall agree to select an alternative ADR Provider. The rules of the ADR Provider shall govern all aspects of this arbitration, including but not limited to the method of initiating and/or demanding arbitration, except to the extent such rules are in conflict with these Terms (“Arbitration Rules”). The AAA Consumer Arbitration Rules governing the arbitration are available online at www.adr.org or by calling the AAA at 1-800-778-7879. The arbitration shall be conducted by a single, neutral arbitrator. Any claims or disputes where the total amount of the award sought is less than Ten Thousand U.S. Dollars (US $10,000.00) may be resolved through binding non-appearance-based arbitration, at the option of the party seeking relief. For claims or disputes where the total amount of the award sought is Ten Thousand U.S. Dollars (US $10,000.00) or more, the right to a hearing will be determined by the Arbitration Rules. Any hearing will be held in a location within one hundred (100) miles of your residence, unless you reside outside of the United States (in which case the hearing will be held in Los Angeles, unless the parties agree otherwise). Any judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction.
- Additional Rules for Non-appearance Based Arbitration. If non-appearance arbitration is elected as provided above, the arbitration shall be conducted by telephone, online and/or based solely on written submissions; the specific manner shall be chosen by the party initiating the arbitration. The arbitration shall not involve any personal appearance by the parties or witnesses unless otherwise mutually agreed by the parties.
- Authority of Arbitrator. The arbitrator will decide the rights and liabilities, if any, of you and SkyWater, and the dispute will not be consolidated with any other matters or joined with any other cases or parties. The arbitrator shall have the authority to grant motions dispositive of all or part of any claim. The arbitrator shall have the authority to award monetary damages and to grant any non-monetary remedy or relief available to an individual under applicable law, the Arbitration Rules, and these Terms. The arbitrator shall issue a written award and statement of decision describing the essential findings and conclusions on which the award is based, including the calculation of any damages awarded. The arbitrator has the same authority to award relief on an individual basis that a judge in a court of law would have. The award of the arbitrator is final and binding upon you and SkyWater.
- Waiver of Jury Trial. THE PARTIES HEREBY WAIVE THEIR CONSTITUTIONAL AND STATUTORY RIGHTS TO GO TO COURT AND HAVE A TRIAL IN FRONT OF A JUDGE OR A JURY, instead electing that all claims and disputes shall be resolved by arbitration under this Arbitration Agreement. Arbitration procedures are typically more limited, more efficient and less costly than rules applicable in court and are subject to very limited review by a court. In the event any litigation should arise between you and SkyWater in any state or federal court in a suit to vacate or enforce an arbitration award or otherwise, YOU AND SKYWATER WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO A JURY TRIAL, instead electing that the dispute be resolved by a judge.
- Waiver of Class or Consolidated Actions. ALL CLAIMS AND DISPUTES WITHIN THE SCOPE OF THIS ARBITRATION AGREEMENT MUST BE ARBITRATED OR LITIGATED ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT ON A CLASS BASIS, AND CLAIMS OF MORE THAN ONE CONTRIBUTOR CANNOT BE ARBITRATED OR LITIGATED JOINTLY OR CONSOLIDATED WITH THOSE OF ANY OTHER CONTRIBUTOR. In the event that this subparagraph is deemed invalid or unenforceable neither you nor we are entitled to arbitration and instead claims and disputes shall be resolved in a court located in Los Angeles County, California.
- Confidentiality. No part of the procedures shall be open to the public or the media. All evidence discovered or submitted at the hearing is confidential and may not be disclosed, except by written agreement of the parties, pursuant to court order or unless required by law.. This paragraph shall not prevent a party from submitting to a court of law any information necessary to enforce this Arbitration Agreement, to enforce an arbitration award, or to seek injunctive or equitable relief.
- Severability. If any part or parts of this Arbitration Agreement are found under the law to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, then such specific part or parts shall be of no force and effect and shall be severed and the remainder of the Arbitration Agreement shall continue in full force and effect.
- Right to Waive. Any or all of the rights and limitations set forth in this Arbitration Agreement may be waived by the party against whom the claim is asserted. Such waiver shall not waive or affect any other portion of this Arbitration Agreement.
- Survival of Agreement. This Arbitration Agreement will survive the termination of your relationship with SkyWater.
- Small Claims Court. Notwithstanding the foregoing, either you or SkyWater may bring an individual action in small claims court.
- Courts. In any circumstances where the foregoing Arbitration Agreement permits the parties to litigate in court, the parties hereby agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts located in Los Angeles County, California, for such purpose.
- Governing Law. The Terms and any action related thereto will be governed and interpreted by and under the laws of the State of California, consistent with the Federal Arbitration Act, without giving effect to any principles that provide for the application of the law of another jurisdiction. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods does not apply to these Terms.
- Choice of Language. It is the express wish of the parties that these Terms and all related documents have been drawn up in English. C’est law volone expresse des parties que la presente convention ainsi que les documents qui s’y rattacent soient rediges en anglais.
- Export Control. You may not use, export, import, or transfer any Products or SkyWater materials except as authorized by U.S. law, the laws of the jurisdiction in which you obtained the Products or SkyWater materials, and any other applicable laws. In particular, but without limitation, the Products or SkyWater materials may not be exported or re-exported (a) into any United States embargoed countries; or (b) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals or the S. Department of Commerce’s Denied Person’s List or Entity List. By using the Products or SkyWater materials, you represent and warrant that (i) you are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country and (ii) you are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties. You also will not use the Products or SkyWater materials for any purpose prohibited by U.S. law, including the development, design, manufacture or production of missiles, nuclear, chemical or biological weapons. You acknowledge and agree that products, services or technology provided by SkyWater are subject to the export control laws and regulations of the United States. You shall comply with these laws and regulations and shall not, without prior U.S. government authorization, export, re-export, or transfer SkyWater products, services or technology, either directly or indirectly, to any country in violation of such laws and regulations.
- Release. You hereby release the SkyWater Parties and their successors from claims, demands, any and all losses, damages, rights, and actions of any kind, including personal injuries, death, and property damage, that is either directly or indirectly related to or arises from your use of the Site and/or Services, including but not limited to, any interactions with or conduct of other Users or third-party websites of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the Terms or your use of the Site and/or Services. If you are a California resident, you hereby waive California Civil Code Section 1542, which states, “A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which, if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor.”
- Force Majeure. SkyWater shall not be liable for any delay or failure to perform resulting from causes outside its reasonable control, including, but not limited to, acts of God, war, terrorism, riots, embargos, acts of civil or military authorities, fire, floods, accidents, strikes or shortages of transportation facilities, fuel, energy, labor or materials.
- Compliance. If you believe that SkyWater has not adhered to the Terms, please contact SkyWater by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will do our best to address your concerns. If you feel that your complaint has been addressed incompletely, we invite you to let us know for further investigation.
- Notice. Where SkyWater requires that you provide an e-mail address, you are responsible for providing SkyWater with your most current e-mail address. In the event that the last e-mail address you provided to SkyWater is not valid, or for any reason is not capable of delivering to you any notices required/ permitted by the Terms, SkyWater’s dispatch of the e-mail containing such notice will nonetheless constitute effective notice. You may give notice to SkyWater at email@example.com, Attn: Legal Department. Such notice shall be deemed given when received by SkyWater by letter delivered by nationally recognized overnight delivery service or first class postage prepaid mail at the above address.
- Waiver. Any waiver or failure to enforce any provision of the Terms on one occasion will not be deemed a waiver of any other provision or of such provision on any other occasion.
- Severability. If any provision of the Terms is, for any reason, held to be invalid or unenforceable, the other provisions of the Terms will remain enforceable, and the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed modified so that it is valid and enforceable to the maximum extent permitted by law.
- Entire Agreement. The Terms are the final, complete and exclusive agreement of the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes and merges all prior discussions between the parties with respect to such subject matter.
LAST UPDATED. January 16, 2015.